14 Aug Episode #68: How my student landed an extraordinary opportunity using his Passion Project
In today’s episode of Demystifying College Admissions, I’m bringing you a conversation I had with an incredible student on mine named Richie. Richie is a freshman in the 9th grade who decided to “just do it” and go all-in on his passion project, Teens Against Racism. He reveals how he got this passion project off the ground, and the significant accomplishments the organization has received already – in less than one month.
I wanted to share Richie’s success story with you so that you can learn more about how to step up, and level up your college admissions game. His story is so inspiring, and it proves that anything is possible for you too.
TUNE IN BELOW:
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT IN THIS EPISODE:
- The “spark” that got Richie started on his passion project, and the amazing success he’s achieved in under one month
- Why I feel that him putting himself out there has led to much of this success
- Richie’s best advice for other students looking to start their own passion projects
- The way he has been able to overcome “imposter syndrome” and to stop comparing himself to others
- What part of our system Richie believes was the most important to get him started on his journey
Oftentimes racism is seen as a trendy movement, and I was thinking that especially for our generation there are many kids who just don’t understand it.
I get to take my passion project, my project that I really like to do, and take it to the next level and scale it up. I executed it and now I’m scaling it up and making it more public.
You can’t see yourself from the perspective of others. You have your own story, your own background and your own passions.”
Brainstorm, plan, strategize, execute and scale. That’s it. That’s the strategy.”
- [FREE MASTERCLASS] 4 Step Framework to STAND OUT So You Get ACCEPTED Into Your Dream Ivy League & Top-tier Colleges
- [DIGITAL COURSE] Passion Project Bootcamp
THE IVY LEAGUE FORMULA PROGRAM:
A 6-month group college consulting program that will get you to STAND OUT and WOW elite college admissions officers by creating your very own powerful Passion Project. Make sure to sign up soon. Spaces are filling up fast!
Don’t cost yourself the chance of getting into your dream Ivy League/Top-Tier school. Follow my 4-step framework for getting accepted. Reserve Your Spot Now!
SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW ON ITUNES
If you enjoyed the episode, consider subscribing on iTunes! You’ll get exclusive notifications when I upload episodes and if I release any bonus episodes, you’ll be the first to know. Click here to subscribe!
If you leave a review on iTunes, I may also give you a special shoutout–click here to leave a review! Be sure to select “Ratings” and then “Write a Review”, and let me know what you enjoyed the most about this episode or if you have any ideas for a future episode.
I’d love to hear your thoughts and ideas! Email your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
“FREE WORKBOOK: 5 WAYS TO STRENGTHEN YOUR IVY LEAGUE/TOP-TIER COLLEGE APPLICATIONS”
By Julie Kim Ed.M Harvard University