24 Apr Episode #23: Finding Your College Fit w/ Mark Stucker
In this episode of Demystifying College Admissions, I’m interviewing Mark Stucker, KIPP’s director of college counseling, who is also the host of the “Your College Bound Kid” podcast and the author of 171 Answers to the Most Asked College Admission Questions. We will be sharing key strategies in finding your best fit college so make sure to tune in!
TUNE IN BELOW:
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT IN THIS EPISODE:
- The importance of being true to yourself/authentic so you and the college are a good fit for each other
- The best first step towards looking for a college fit
- Key questions to ask when choosing a college
- Common errors with college visits and what you should actually do
If a school doesn’t want you for who you really are, then that’s not the right school for you.
There is an instinctive, visceral, mystical thing that happens when you set foot on a campus.
It’s not where you go; it’s what you do when you get there, and it’s what you do when you get out of there.
Figure out what you love and what you’re good at and go for it, and dream big
Don’t get caught up in the rankings.
- [FB Group] Conquer College Admissions Facebook Group
- [BOOK] 171 Answers to the Most Asked College Admissions Questions by Mark Stucker
- [PODCAST] Your College Bound Kid
- [BLOG] 6 Strategies to Create Perfect College List
- [WEBSITE] https://www.youvisit.com/
- [BOOK] Where You Go Is Not Who You’ll Be by Frank Bruni
If you need support with how to find your passion and get accepted into your dream college, click here to book a strategy session with Julie, the host of Demystifying College Admissions!
SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW ON ITUNES
If you enjoyed the episode, consider subscribing on iTunes! You’ll get exclusive notifications when I upload episodes and if I release any bonus episodes, you’ll be the first to know. Click here to subscribe!
If you leave a review on iTunes, I may also give you a special shoutout– click here to leave a review! Be sure to select “Ratings” and then “Write a Review”, and let me know what you enjoyed the most about this episode or if you have any ideas for a future episode.
I’d love to hear your thoughts and ideas! Email your suggestions to email@example.com.
“FREE WORKBOOK: 5 WAYS TO STRENGTHEN YOUR IVY LEAGUE/TOP-TIER COLLEGE APPLICATIONS”
By Julie Kim Ed.M Harvard University