11 Mar Episode #18: Do You Really Need to Have “Passion” to Get Accepted?
“You have to find your “passion” to get accepted into Ivy Leagues and top-tier colleges!! OR else!”
You’ve heard that before, right?
But…Is that really true?
In this episode, I discuss and demystify the word “passion” and share 5 questions that you should ask yourself when identifying and exploring your interests and passions and how they fit into your college admissions journey.
TUNE IN BELOW:
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT IN THIS EPISODE:
- Why I had to re-write my Harvard essay because I knew it wasn’t the “real me”
- Why students and parents are trying so hard to find that “passion” and why “trying hard” is actually a mistake
- 5 questions you should ask yourself when exploring your interests (academic and/or non-academic)
- What Ivy Leagues and top-tier college admission officers hate seeing on the applicants’ essays (yet, so many high school students do this!)
- The ONE word that is prohibited when writing college essays
Don't fake your passion.
What are you really interested in and why?
Show and demonstrate yourself in the most authentic way possible.
It has to come from your heart, not your ego.
Only through taking action...only through experience will you gain clarity.
If you need support with how to find your passion and get accepted into your dream college, click here to book a strategy session with Julie, the host of Demystifying College Admissions!
SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW ON ITUNES
If you enjoyed the episode, consider subscribing on iTunes! You’ll get exclusive notifications when I upload episodes and if I release any bonus episodes, you’ll be the first to know. Click here to subscribe!
If you leave a review on iTunes, I may also give you a special shoutout– click here to leave a review! Be sure to select “Ratings” and then “Write a Review”, and let me know what you enjoyed the most about this episode or if you have any ideas for a future episode.
I’d love to hear your thoughts and ideas! Email your suggestions to email@example.com.
“FREE WORKBOOK: 5 WAYS TO STRENGTHEN YOUR IVY LEAGUE/TOP-TIER COLLEGE APPLICATIONS”
By Julie Kim Ed.M Harvard University