26 Oct Episode #113 – Why I Decided To Be a College Consultant
It’s been a while since I’ve sat down to record a solo chit chat episode for you, so today I thought I would share with you why I became a college consultant. I feel really called to do this work helping our high school students going through the college admissions process, and in this episode, you’ll hear the full story of why!
If you are also navigating through the college admissions process and you want a coach and mentor who can provide guidance on what you should be working on and how to identify your Passion Project, you will love our Passion Project Bootcamp Program. There are now two ways you can get to know our program. First, you can start off with our free masterclass, where I share my story and the strategies that I use to help my students get accepted into their dream Ivy League or Top-tier colleges, and at the very end I talk about the Passion Project Bootcamp Program. To register you can go to https://juliekimconsulting.com/masterclass. If you already know you want to join the Passion Project Bootcamp right now, you can head straight over to the enrollment page at https://juliekimconsulting.com/ppbc – I hope to see you there!
We also just released a new FREE workbook that you can download to get started thinking about self-exploration and your Passion Project ideas. Go to https://juliekimconsulting.com/workbook to get your copy now!
TUNE IN BELOW:
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT IN THIS EPISODE:
- The reasons I feel so called to be a college consultant, and the role my brother played in this career choice
- What I noticed when I started to work at a college consulting firm, plus a big realization I had that changed everything
- Why I never talked my desires to be a college consultant so openly until now
- An aspect of college consulting that requires more attention
- The role that mindset has played, and continues to play, in my own journey
I didn’t really think I was going to go into college consulting necessarily, however, life has its own plans.
My mission was literally to not mess up a student’s life and tell them they need to go to Harvard, or to Princeton. Who cares?
To me, when I am coaching my students, I feel really, really in my zone, and I can’t hear anything else.
After I got into Harvard and when I was studying there, I was still stressed. I was still overwhelmed, and I felt even more anxious because I didn’t feel good enough inside.
- [FREE WORKBOOK] 5 Proven Steps To Getting ACCEPTED Into Your Dream Ivy League & Top-tier Colleges
- [FREE TRAINING] 4 Step Framework to STAND OUT So You Get ACCEPTED Into Your Dream Ivy League & Top-tier Colleges
Getting into Ivy League & Top-tier colleges doesn’t require perfection.
I repeat: You do NOT have to be perfect.
You also don’t have to spend a million hours volunteering, get perfect test scores, or be a star athlete.
What is required is understanding How to STAND OUT.
Join me for the FREE #ACCEPTED Masterclass where you’ll learn:
- [1-YEAR COLLEGE CONSULTING PROGRAM] Passion Project Bootcamp – Enroll Now!
Passion Project Bootcamp is a digital course where you get my proven framework to brainstorm, strategize, execute, and scale your Passion Project, so you can get into your Ivy League or Top-tier school of choice!
- Using my 4-step framework, you’ll create your BEST Passion Project that will capture the attention of the college admissions officers you want to impress.
SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW ON ITUNES
If you enjoyed the episode, consider subscribing on iTunes! You’ll get exclusive notifications when I upload episodes and if I release any bonus episodes, you’ll be the first to know. Click here to subscribe!
If you leave a review on iTunes, I may also give you a special shoutout–click here to leave a review! Be sure to select “Ratings” and then “Write a Review”, and let me know what you enjoyed the most about this episode or if you have any ideas for a future episode.
I’d love to hear your thoughts and ideas! Email your suggestions to email@example.com.
“FREE WORKBOOK: 5 WAYS TO STRENGTHEN YOUR IVY LEAGUE/TOP-TIER COLLEGE APPLICATIONS”
By Julie Kim Ed.M Harvard University